Tuesday, July 2, 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW: Rival Double Stack Food Steamer

Hello Ladies and Gents! This week I decided to do a review on my Rival Double Stack Food Steamer. I actually received this as a gift from my mother a while back and totally forgot about it. Man, I wish I would have remembered it was stashed in the closet because this thing has saved me a bunch of time! Amazon has this for sale for $49.95, I know my mother purchased it from Wal-Mart so I bet their price is a bit cheaper.

This steamer can be used for just about anything. Vegetables, fruits, seafood and other meats. It has two separate compartments, and you can choose to only use one if you don't need to use the other, and that way you aren't using more steam to heat the two compartments. The turn dial turns the steamer on and produces steam almost instantly. It has the timer on the turn dial that goes up to 60 minutes and once it reaches the time, it automatically turns off.

In the products box, you will find a nifty little instruction booklet that includes estimated steaming times for various food items. The only thing I was a bit disappointed with was it didn't have any fruit steaming times. But, don't fear that it will mess up your fruits, this steamer has a max fill line for water so you don't have worry about how much water for each item, and you can put them on the timer for a time that you feel would be right and if they aren't soft enough, just turn it back on!

Now, I mentioned that this has saved me a bunch of time, that is because I can easily chop things up, place them in to steam and I can steam two different things at once, cutting my time in half! I am using this mainly for making homemade baby food. Steaming the foods for your baby is the best way to maintain the nutrients in the food and lets face it, if your putting all the hard work into making your baby's food, you obviously chose this method because it is the healthiest and freshest, so you want to keep those nutrients. Once you steam the food, it has the drip tray that is full of any leftover nutrients and you can use that to thin out the baby food if needed.  Steaming also gets the food to the right mushy texture you want to be able to puree or even for your baby led weaning. I couldn't recommend this product enough!

Also, all of the steaming parts, other than the base, are dishwasher safe so it is very easy clean up! The base can just be wiped clean. It just holds the steaming water so it doesn't get very dirty anyway.

I give this product a 10 out of 10! Simple to use, easy to clean, foods come out cooked properly, and a major time saver for a busy mom like me!!

*My product reviews are based on my personal opinion*

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask and be sure to let me know if you have an products you would like me to review!

Have a great Holiday everyone!

-Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment