Friday, July 26, 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW: CHICCO ECHO STROLLER

Happy Friday y'all!

Oh, how this week has been an emotional roller coaster. We are trying to reorganize our house and sell things off that we don't need to declutter because we really don't have much storage space. That means we are looking at some of Baby J's items and debating on selling them. Of course, I want to save it all for another baby, but we don't have a clue as to when that will happen.

As we were looking at our office that is filled with old baby items. Chris said we should sell the travel system that we bought new for Baby J. Tears filled my eyes as I remembered putting Baby J in that car seat for the first time at the hospital to bring him home. We used the stroller a lot as he was a newborn because we would always sit the car seat in it when we went to run errands. I didn't want to let go of the set, but I kept telling myself that safety regulations may change by the time we have another baby and that we will know that it was the safest car seat out there.

We listed the travel system that day and it was sold within an hour. It was bittersweet. But on a brighter note, that meant I was going to get to shop for a new stroller for Baby J! Woohoo!!

I knew I had certain requirements when looking for a new stroller.
  • Safety
  • Comfortable for Baby
  • A bit of storage
  • Light-weight
  • Smaller than our standard stroller from the travel system
  • I didn't want him to have a tray
  • I wanted the stroller to be at a comfortable height for my husband and I to push it. We are both tall (I'm 5'10, he's 6'0) and we didn't want to be hunched over to push it.
  • Reclining positions for it little one fell asleep.
With my list of requirements it made the elimination process a bit easier. We looked online, and immediately the Chicco Echo stroller caught my eye with its bold colors. So, we headed to the store to see if they had a floor model that we could check out. Sure enough, they did! We got it down and I immediately started running through my checklist and looking the stroller over. It seemed to have everything I wanted and moved smoothly but I wanted to get one home to test it out a bit more.

The stroller comes in a variety of bold colors: Turquoise, Green, Red, Orange, Purple, and Gray. Target is the exclusive provider of this stroller at the moment and they only happen to carry 3 colors in store. We had to choose between turquoise, green, and purple if we were purchasing in store. Of course Chris said no to the purple, and he gravitated towards the green color because Baby J's diaper bag happens to be an Oakley backpack with green accents that just about matches the green stroller.

 
It's definitely bold! We brought it home and started the assembly. The assembly was quite easy! Basically it was just snapping the wheels in place and attaching the canopy. It took us a total of 8 minutes! It has a nice instruction booklet that explains everything very well and runs you through the process of opening and closing the stroller which is a breeze!
 
We put Baby J in it and took it for a spin. He seemed really comfortable, and liked when we reclined the seat. The seat has 4 different reclining positions that can be moved with one hand. The seat itself is nicely padded so I know Baby J is comfortable. The 5-point harness is adjustable and has shoulder pads for extra comfort. The footrest can also be place up or down for comfort.
 
The navigation is very smooth and easy to turn. Chris even made a comment about how smooth it was and the fact he didn't have to hunch over to push it! It seems to be very sturdy and safe. It has rear brake locks and the front wheels can be locked into swivel position or you can have it locked into the straight position if you aren't needing it to turn.
 
The canopy is nice, the only thing I don't like about it is that it can't be moved in front of J's face to block the wind and sun like our old standard stroller. But, it does cover a big area and if J is laid back it blocks the sun completely. The rear flap of the canopy can be removed as well!
 
A few additional features:; it has a parent cup holder and a nice storage basket that seems to hold quite a bit.
 
The ease of opening and shutting the stroller is astonishing. Just open the clasp and pull the handles and press the rear locking mechanism down and its locked into place. To close fold the canopy in and pull the rear locking mechanism upward, and be sure to release the secondary lock. Push the handles down and wait for the clasp to click into place. It even has a nice carrying handle!
 
I am really impressed with this stroller. It is just as convenient as an umbrella stroller but with the extra features and more sturdy!
 
We purchased the Chicco Echo at Target for $99.99 which is fairly inexpensive. The maximum weight limit recommended is 40lbs which is quite a lot. I feel like we will be using this quite often. I definitely recommend this stroller if you are looking for something light weight but for it to have some of the same features as a standard stroller. We are big fans of the Chicco products. Our travel system was a Chicco product, and our current car seat is a Chicco product as well. You know you are getting higher quality and the best safety with Chicco!
 
A++ in our book!
 
I hope you enjoyed this review.
 
Be sure to subscribe to my blog and share it with your friends!
 
Until next time!
 
-Danielle

2 comments:

  1. Super friendly staff- I will definitely be back for a stroller detail once I can save up enough $ for that! best lightweight stroller

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the colors and the style but the wheels are small and plastic. Do you like maneuverability of Echo? Susan

    ReplyDelete